GSO Mobile App Updates
- The app has been renamed to GSO Mobile.
- The icon has been revised.
- Landscape orientation is now forced.
Version 61 (beta)
April 5, 2018
- Moved post-scan NFC functionality to server side.
Version 60 (beta)
April 5, 2018
- GSO Go has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. It is now significantly easier and faster to use.
- These options from the sidebar in previous versions have been removed: [Recap], [On Demand], [Tools], [GSO ID].
- The app’s architecture is now server side, so an app update will not be necessary for most changes.
- You can now use the app in portrait or landscape, and the available tiles will change depending on device orientation and screen size.
- The app will rotate between orientations even if your device’s auto rotate is disabled.
- You can now swipe in from the left edge to display the sidebar.
- New tiles:
- [What’s New]: Opens this page.
- [Checkpoint]: Press the Checkpoint tile to display instructions for signing in to an NFC checkpoint at a local Game Show Online event.
- [Watch Live!]: The live stream view has been redesigned, and options for chatting via Twitch or Mixer, and participating in live polling, are now easier to press and access.
- [My GSO ID]: Opens your GSO ID profile. You may be required to login to view this page.
- [My Achievements]: Opens your list of earned achievements. You may be required to login to view this page.
- [Team GSO]: Meet the team behind Game Show Online.
- [Lineup]: View the games part of GSO’s lineup.
- The size of the app has been reduced by 50%.
- The app’s icon has been redesigned.
- The app now checks for an Internet connection and alerts the user if there is no active connection.
- This release does not include any changes to the NFC functionality, which will be part of a separate update.
Version 43 (beta)
March 20, 2018
- Updated team image links.
- Updated links for GSO ID.
Version 42 (beta)
March 7, 2018
- Updated web links for redesigned website.
- Added home screen card for GSO ID.
- Added [GSO ID] to the sidebar.
- Changed the icon for [Team].
- Updated [Lineup].
- Updated NFC features.
- Changed [Watch Live] stream address back to Mixer.
February 10, 2018
- Fixed bug where the [Watch Live!] button in the sidebar would not redirect to the Watch Live screen.
February 9, 2018
- Mixer changed their embedded stream layout, so it doesn’t display as nicely in the GSO Go app anymore. In this update, we switched the embedded stream to Twitch and made it a little taller so that the player controls would not overlap the stream.
- [Recap] has been added to the sidebar and will become available in a future update.
- New icon for [On Demand].
- The NFC screen now includes the live polling functionality so audience members can play along in real time.
- The home screen card for [Watch Live!] now matches its sidebar icon.
January 31, 2018
- Fixed an elusive bug that could cause the app to, in some cases and under certain conditions, become corrupted.
January 27, 2018
- Fix home screen cards not navigating to the correct destination.
- Fix Panel Display referencing “bottom panel”; this wasn’t changed to “top panel” after the position switch in version 26.
January 27, 2018
- Added [Restream Chat] to the [Panel Display] list.
- Renamed [Live Chat] to [Mixer Chat].
- Alphabetized the [Panel Display] list.
- Switched the layout of the player and web panels to accommodate the keyboard, so that input fields on the web panel are not blocked by it.
- Revised the home screen to primarily use cards.
- Improved the performance of some screens.
- Removed the button to display information about using NFC tags (real world checkpoints will display the same information, so having it in app is unnecessary).
- New feature images for cards on the home screen.
- Added [Lineup] to the sidebar, which displays all of our current games, with GSO Originals sorted first in the list.
- Pressing on any of the cards in [Lineup] brings up more information about that game, including photos, how to play, and a list of achievements available to unlock.
- Added [Tools] and [On Demand] to the sidebar.
- Both of these options are placeholders in this release; they will be activated in a future update.
- Added [Team] to the sidebar.
- Users can view the team members behind Game Show Online using this option. This is the same information as available on the Game Show Online website.
- Users can swipe from the left side of the home screen to show the sidebar.
- You can now rotate your device to landscape without turning off rotation lock.
January 26, 2018
- Rebuilt the app from scratch to better fit it into the Game Show Online brand.
- Introduced a side menu to replace previous toolbar icons.
- New home screen design, featuring big and vibrant buttons ([Watch Live], [Events], and [Player Index]) and a list of the current Game Show Online lineup.
- Pressing on any of the lineup cards brings up more information about that game, including photos, how to play, and a list of achievements available to unlock.
- Added a button to the top right corner explaining NFC functionality.
- Improved welcome screen after scanning an NFC tag.
- Switched to using whole numbers for version releases and iterations.
- The method for choosing what to display in the bottom panel on the Watch Live screen has been simplified.
- You can now change what is displayed by pressing the [Panel Display] button on this screen.
- Fixed bug where the Watch Live player would not expand to the full size of the screen under certain conditions.
January 24, 2018
- Official release. Previously available as an open alpha test.
- Renamed the app to GSO Go.
- Renamed Unique Identifier Number (UIN) to Player ID (PID).
- Reorganized bottom bar icons.
- Redesigned the icon to reflect the new name.
- Fixed bug where the Player ID toolbar would disappear after rotating to landscape, then back to portrait, requiring the device to re-scan the NFC tag.
- Fixed bug where the stream would refresh and sometimes play multiple times simultaneously when rotating into landscape.
- Added ability to redeem codes from the app, even if the device has not scanned an NFC tag.
- If the device scans an NFC tag from the app that is not registered for Game Show Online, the app now displays an appropriate error message and does not generate a Player ID.
- The chat/poll buttons are now merged into one button and change depending on which view is visible.
- Added support for push notifications.
Version 6 (alpha)
January 24, 2018
- Toolbar buttons for Events and Player index.
Version 5 (alpha)
January 24, 2018
- Added ability to scan NFC tags for local Game Show Online sponsored events. Players can scan these tags and link their real world progress to their online player profile.
- Stream chat is now default over the interactive poll.
- Shortened the length of time that the rotation message is displayed.
- Added a toolbar to the bottom edge of the app.